KaZantip Republic 2012
- Crimea, Ukraine
- 31 July - 18 August 2012
A nation, not a festival
A four week long program of events on the shores of the Black Sea, KaZantip Republic takes place in a purpose-built 'city of culture'. Billed as an independent republic - one founded on ideals such as "summer all year round" and "life with no pants" - the sprawling event includes six dance floors, more than 30 bars and restaurants, and countless art installations and oddities.
At KaZantip the music is key. Alongside the big names, expect the unexpected from a range of unknown DJs. What is common, though, is that everyone plays with more emotion and enthusiasm than any big name in a hurry between gigs.
For additional information, be sure to check out the KaZantip Republic Wiki Profile
- Cesar Merveille
- Laurent Garnier
- Miss Kittin
- Paul Woolford
- The Martinez Brothers
LIVE ON MARS 02/08/12 - 11/08/12
OBEDWE / DEEPKEY / MOT!V / CHEESE PEOPLE / BAD SAMURAIS / VINNIE WHO / TINAVIE / ELECTROSOUL SOUNDSYTEM / ARTEMIEV/ TERRY POISON / TOMATO JAWS / ORANGE STRIPS / ALAI OLI / MANEKEN / W.K.? / KILLAFLOW
KAZANTIP XX 04/08/12 - 11/08/12
AMBIVALENT / MADREA OLIVA / ATOMIC HOOLIGAN / AUDIOFLY / BAREM / BILL BREWSTER / BOOKA SHADE / BOOM JINX / CARLO LIO / CESAR MARVEILLE / DANDY JACK / DANNY HOWELLS / DANNY RAMPLING / DAVIDE SQUILLACE / DUBFIRE / ECHOMEN & CHAB / ECHONOMIST / FRIVOLOUS / GEORGE FITZGERALD / GUS GUS (LIVE) / GUY J / HEIDI / HENRY SAIZ / JAMES ZABIELA / JAY CUNNING / KENNY LARKIN / KRAFTY KUTS / LAURENT GARNIER / LAYO & BUSHWACKA / LUIS JUNIOR / M.A.N.D.Y. / MARC FISHER / MARC ROBERTS / MATTHEW HOAG / MAT ZOO / NICK MUIR / PACO OSUNA / PAN POT / PAUL WOOLFORD / ROBERT BABICZ (LIVE) / SASHA / SEBASTIAN ROTER / SERGE DEVANT / SMASH HIFI / STANTON WARRIORS / STYLER / SUPERNOVA / SYSTEM OF SURVIVAL / TANIA VULCANO / TECHNASIA / THE JUNKIES / TIEFSCHWARZ / TRISTAN / TYMON / WEEKEND HEROES
Popovka, on the Black Sea coast of the Crimean peninsua in Ukraine, is a tiny village of population c.200 that once a year plays host to kaZantip Republic. It is located approximately 100km from Simferopol.
Yevpatoriya, Crimea, 97400, Ukraine
Wherever you are right now, you should start your trip to the Kazantip Republic with an arrival to Ukraine. It’s a European state, ex-USSR country, sharing a border with Russia. And, of course, with The Kazantip Republic. Here are the 3 destination you should set your trip to:
- Kiev (the capitol of Ukraine) – planes from almost all over the world routinely fly there.
- Simferopol – a central hub of Crimea (region of Ukraine) and the closest to the Kazantip Republic airport
- Eupatoria – the nearest to the Kazantip Republic city in Crimea – about 30 km.
On arrival to A or B, you should be directed to C, and here are some ways to do that:
1. By Plane. In the Kiev Airport, you should buy an air ticket to Simferopol.
- In Simferopol, you need to take a taxi to the bus terminal where you can buy a ticket to Eupatoria. In Eupatoria, you can hire a taxi and cover 30 km to the Kazantip Republic trouble-free. For a taxi drivers you should print this note: POPOVKA. KAZANTIP. 120-150 hryvnas = $12-20.
- To take a taxi to Eupatoria and eventually to Kazantip right in the Simferopol Airport. In such a case, the note for a driver should look like this: EUPATORIA. POPOVKA. KAZANTIP. 300-400 hryvnas = $40-50.
2. By train. In the Kiev Airport, you may buy ticket to Eupatoria and then follow the instruction.
- When you happen to be in immediate neighborhood of the Kazantip Republic, you should ask the people on the spot where to go. You need to go seaward, and the word "Kazantip" is quite plain to every local folk - you can see it for yourself in ten minutes at the most. Building at the base of the stair is the Visa Application Center. All you need to do is to get in there, to show your passport and to buy a Viza.