Poptronik Festival 2012
- Sitges, Spain
- 1-2 September 2012
This festival has already taken place. Join our Mailing List and we will keep you up to date with priority access to tickets, discounts and exclusive news & offers, via email.Join Mailing List
Top of the pops
The inaugural Poptronik Festival will showcase some of the freshest pop and electronic music acts over a summer weekend in Sitges (next to Barcelona, Spain) on the 1st & 2nd September with a promise of “zero mud” and maximum sunshine.
Poptronik welcomes to the stage a plethora of new and emerging electronic pop artists alongside established names like Andy Bell of Erasure, Monarchy, Bright Light Bright Light and many more. There will be loads of after parties in and around the area; what's more, portions of festival profits will be donated to select anti-bullying campaigns and a youth centre program in Sitges.
- Andy Bell (Erasure)
- Bright Light Bright Light
- Sammy Jo (Scissor Sisters Tour DJ)
ANDY BELL (ERASURE) / FERNANDO GARIBAY (DJ/LADY GAGA) / KAZAKY / CAZWELL / PHIL MARRIOT (GAYDAR RADIO DJ) / I AM A CAMERA / SUGASMAKI / WOMAN E / GARCON GARCON / TERRY VIETHEER / ADAM TYLAER / NINA / RODRIGO MORATTO / MAIGHREAD / PRINCE PERSONA /
MARTIKA / SORAYA / MONARCHY / THE SOUND OF ARROWS / BRIGHT LIGHT BRIGHT LIGHT / YALL (DJS) / SAMMY JO (SCISSOR SISTERS TOUR DJ) / DISCO DAMAGE (DJS) MONTI MONTANEZ (MENUDO) / ELECTROVAMP / PARRALOX / MICKEY CUPID / JOHNNY LAZER / SIRAUL / SAM LEMAS (DJ) / BARBAZUL / CARLOS NOBREGA / LADY OKER / RAFF / DJ ADAMIX /
Sitges is an exceptional location for a brand new summer music festival, with beautiful beaches, spectacular sunshine, exuberant nightlife and a long, established history of culture and art.
Avinguda del Port d'Aiguadolç, Sitges, 08870, Spain
- Sitges is just 35 km south of Barcelona, to which it is connected by excellent road, motorway and railway links. The Barcelona El Prat International Airport is just 15km away.
- By car – The C-32 motorway connects Sitges with Barcelona in just 30 minutes, and with Tarragona in 45. From Vilafranca you can take the AP-7 motorway that goes all the way to La Jonquera heading north to later connect with the European motorway network, and heading south with the other Spanish motorways.
- By bus – The MonBus company offers bus service connecting Sitges with Barcelona and vice versa, with regular stops at the Airport. You can visit the MonBus web site here: http://monbus.cat
- By train – Sitges has many excellent railway connections with Barcelona and Tarragona thanks to Renfe’s suburban trains. There’s a train from Sitges to Barcelona approximately every 15 minutes that takes just 30 minutes. From the Barcelona Sants station there are daily trains departing for the rest of Spain and Europe.
The whole month of September is Sitges' Culture Festival, so there will be plenty of performances by local musicians, exhibitions of art by local artists, as well as many other celebrations and expressions of the people's rich culture. It is also Book Month in Sitges, so you will find many book stalls on the streets and at several book fairs.
The 11th September is National Day of the Catalans, which is taken very seriously in Sitges! Expect to see cultural events and maybe some demonstrations against the union with Spain; the whole town will be decorated with many, many Catalan flags hanging from balconies and buses, and being waved by everyone around.
The annual Wine-Making Festival is on the 17th and 18th of September, and the Feast of Santa Tecla is celebrated on the 22nd and 23rd.
The party gets started at 3pm on Friday with a free event brought to you by Team Poptronik! Then the festival itself kicks off on Saturday at 3pm and ends Sunday 12 midnight - with a short breather in the middle, of course!
Poptronik is open to 16s and over only.
Sorry, no food or alcohol can be brought in, but both can be bought once you're inside, along with soft drinks and water.
Debit and credit cards are accepted at the venue, and there are ATMs available in the centre of Sitges.
The average temperature for Sitges in September is 21C, and the sea is still a lovely 23C.
Beachwear, casual. It's going to be HOT in Sitges, so bring your sunscreen!