Since opening its doors in 2002, Papaya has grown into not just one of the hottest clubs in Croatia, but one of the best open-air clubs in the world. Voted the 23rd best club by DJ Mag, Papaya has also had a lasting impact on the artists who have performed there; Axwell named it his best gig in 2010.
In this hour-long documentary, we go beyond the mountains, the dirt tracks, civilisation, and into the heart of this institution. We hear from those who make the club tick, the artists who share Papaya tales, and as we trace its life up to 2014, we explore what's made Papaya engrave itself on all those who've experienced it.
If you want to experience Papaya for yourself, you can, at:
- Hideout // 28 June - 3 July // Duke Dumont and Eats Everything lead this beach party.
- Armada Day & Night // 6 - 9 July // Mega label Armada take over.
- Fresh Island Festival // 15 - 17 July // Hip-hop and Rnb on the beach, and the setting for Snoop Dogg & Madcon's video for their single 'Is You With Me'.
- Croatia Rocks Festival // 19 - 23 July // From Clean Bandit to Rudimental, Ibiza Rocks will be bringing its mighty brand to Croatia's finest beach.
- Sonus // 16 - 20 August // Dance on the sand, in the clubs, and onboard boats while worshiping DJ gods and celebrating underground techno legends.